I was over Joe’s house one weekend and we both were hungry. When we first started talking I promised him, I would one-day cook for him and I guess no time was better than the present. After walking the dog, I took a stroll to the grocery store where I contemplated what I could make for this man. He’s a hearty guy, so whatever I made had to be fulfilling and appetizing (no struggle plates over here). I finally made my decision, which I share below and slaved away in the kitchen. What I noticed was that none of my dishes were significantly hard to make. It took less than 15 minutes to cook each of these dishes (not in total). So I wanted to share some quick and easy recipes for you and your significant other to enjoy:
Sausage and Peppers
- Hot Italian Sausages
- Onions (Preferably Purple)
- Red, Yellow, Green and/or Orange Peppers
- Olive Oil
- Cut up the onions and peppers. Prepare to sauté in a skillet drizzled in olive oil (you can also season the peppers to add flavor with seasoned salt). Let simmer until it’s lightly browned and place on a plate.
- Cut up the sausages into small chunks and place in a hot skillet with vegetable or olive oil. Let the sausages cook fully.
- Mix both the sausage and peppers in the skillet let cook for about 5 minutes add seasoning for flavor sometimes I add a little bbq sauce for flavor
To add to the sausage dish I made Pasta with meat sauce.
Pasta with Meat Sauce
- Penne Pasta
- Tomato Sauce
- Ground beef
- Peppers and onions
- Seasoning (Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Basil)
- Brown Sugar (optional)
- Put pasta in boiling water with olive oil and salt and let it come to a boil
- Sauté the Ground beef until fully cooked
- Add tomato sauce, brown sugar (optional), and seasoning to the ground beef and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add Pasta to the meat sauce and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cheese and a little basil to top it off
You always need to add a vegetable to any great meal
Asparagus and mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- Sauté Garlic and onions in a skillet drizzled in olive oil for about 60 seconds (or just before it begins to turn brown) before adding the mushroom over a light fire.
- Add asparagus and let cook for about 5 minutes or until the asparagus is cooked for your liking (I love when it’s soft).
Follow Lifestylebyky.com blog