Every new year brings a new me. I have so many things that I can do more of on this journey to becoming a better person and although I don’t know what God has in store for my future, I will not progress if I don’t start changing old habits. As I patiently wait for my season to come, I know there are things I can do in the meantime to become a better person for myself and the people around me. So here are 10 things I can and will do in 2014 to be a strong woman of God and of my word:
- More Prayer.
- I can’t survive on my own. I need God. More alone time with God. I am a mess without church.
- Refrain as much as I can from gossip, including celebrity gossip.
- Limit the amount of time and money spent on going out and work on something more productive like business plans, to-do lists or a blueprint for the first and last 6-months of the year.
- Sometimes, the friends you knew the longest can change. It’s ok to let go…it might be necessary.
- Finish what you start. No more unfinished projects and goals.
- Do I give to the less fortunate enough? I ask myself that question a lot. We are put here to give ourselves away in terms of service to others, not to keep things to ourselves.
- Support others and be more encouraging, you never know how it can help someone.
- Avoid past mistakes and cycles.
- Social Media “likes” does not validate me, you or anyone for that matter.
Happy New Year Everyone!
On Saturday I attended my first ever Tea Party, hosted by my dear friend Shavon and let’s just say, it was to die for. It was at the Bosie Tea Parlor in the west village and was inspired by Alice and Wonderland.
Of course, I got there late because I had an unexpected date but I was just in time for the food and the tea. I am not a fan of tea, however, in the spirit of the afternoon, I decided to order a berry tea to go with my teacakes and scones. My friends and I, (I call them my college sweethearts) spent the afternoon chatting about fitness, boyfriends and our careers.
After the tea party, we gathered for some pictures and promised each other to do this again. I was overjoyed with the success of my Saturday. It was absolutely divine.
Follow Lifestylebyky.com blog